HERITAGE CITY DEVELOPMENT AND AUGMENTATION YOJANA(HRIDAY)
HERITAGE CITY DEVELOPMENT AND AUGMENTATION YOJANA(HRIDAY) at Badami
Something need to be added
- Planning, development and implementation of heritage sensitive infrastructure
- Service delivery and infrastructure provisioning in historic city core areas.
- Preserve and revitalize heritage wherein tourists can connect directly with city’s unique character.
- Develop and document a heritage asset inventory of cities - natural, cultural, living and built heritage as a basis for urban planning, growth and service provision & delivery.
- Implementation and enhancement of basic services delivery with focus on sanitation services like public conveniences, toilets, water taps, street lights with use of latest technologies in improving tourist facilities/amenities
- Local capacity enhancement for inclusive heritage-based industry
- Create effective linkages between tourism and cultural facilities and also the conservation of natural and built heritage.
- Urban heritage adaptive rehabilitation and maintenance, including appropriate technologies for historic buildings retrofitting.
- Establish and manage effective public private partnership for adaptive urban rehabilitation.
- Development and promotion of core tangible economic activities to enhance avenues of livelihoods amongst stakeholders. This would also include necessary skill development amongst them including making public spaces accessible and developing cultural spaces.
- Making cities informative with use of modern ICT tools and making cities secure with modern surveillance and security apparatus like CCTV etc.
- Increase accessibility i.e. physical access (roads as well as universal design) and intellectual access
The scheme will broadly focus on four theme areas i.e. Physical Infrastructure, Institutional Infrastructure, Economic Infrastructure & Social Infrastructure for reviving and revitalizing the soul of Heritage City. However broad indicative list of components under HRIDAY is mentioned below:
- Heritage Documentation and Mapping leading to Heritage Management Plan
- Heritage Revitalization linked to Service Provision
- City Information/ Knowledge Management and Skill Development
Project Funding Arrangement
HRIDAY is a central sector scheme, where 100% funding will be provided by Government of India. The duration of this scheme is four years i.e. from December 2014 to March 2018. The scheme would be implemented in a mission mode.
|City||Project Implementation||City PMU Establishment||Administrative and Operating Expenses||IEC||DPRs and HMP Development||Capacity Development||Total|
HRIDAY being a central sector scheme will be implemented under overall control and direction of MOUD. As per G.O.No UDD 12 PRJ 2015 dated 18.02.2016, KUIDFC is nominated as nodal agency for handling all issues relating to Heritage City Development And Augmentation Yojana(HRIDAY) in the State. City Level Advisory & Monitory Committee (CLAMC) is constituted for HRIDAY. The convenor for the CLAMC is District Magistrate and the Co-Convener is Chief Officer, TMC, Badami.
The Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India, launched the National Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana (HRIDAY) scheme on 21st January, 2015, with a focus on holistic development of heritage cities.
- Indian Heritage cities Network Foundation - IHCN (Lead) in consortium with lCLEl is appointed as the HRIDAY City Anchor/PMU for Badami city in the fourth technical committee meeting held on 14th May 2015.
- DPR on development of a sullage treatment plant in Tattkote village in Badami reviewed by the technical committee meeting held on 10th August 2015 and to forward it to the HNEC. In the Fourth HNEC meeting held on 27 October 2015 committee accorded approval for the said DPR.
- KUIDFC is nominated as nodal agency for handling all issues relating to HRIDAY in the State vide GO No UDD 12 PRJ 2015 dated 18.02.2016.
- MoUD approved the following four projects:
- Development of a Sullage Treatment Plant in Tattkote village- Project Cost Rs. 51 lakhs
- Integrated development and improvement of arterial roads, transportation infrastructure and road signage- Project Cost Rs. 13.77 Cr
- Improvement of Historic Vernacular Building Facade and Streetscape- Project Cost Rs 2.09 Cr
- Solid waste management(zero waste management):Project Cost Rs. 2.30 Cr
- MoUD has approved the DPRs and has released 20% of the project cost for each of the approved projects.
- GoI has also approved release of Rs. 4.8 lakhs for A&OE expenses.
- A meeting under the Chairmanship of Chief Secretary, GoK was held on 08.07.2016 to discuss the status of the HRIDAY scheme in Badami.
- Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD) in collaboration with the National Institute of Urban Affair (NIUA) had organized one day workshop on 01.09.2016 at Badami with the aim to support and facilitate the ongoing under HRIDAY scheme.
- To promote the citizen participation and to select the best designs for arches has to be erected in Badami, a competition for the design of arches has been conducted.
- A meeting under the Chairmanship of Secretary, GoK was held on 17.10.2016 to review the progress and discuss the issues of the HRIDAY scheme in Badami.
- The Tender documents for the approved DPRs have been reviewed by the Technical Committee of KUIDFC.
- Tender invitation for roads, Zero Waste Management and SUllage collection and treatment is underway.